Historic Maxwell Wedding Venue Review – South Florida
Hello! My name is Reverend Ketty Urbay and I’m excited to share with you a review below of the Historic Maxwell in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida which is used frequently as a beautiful wedding venue for couples looking to get married in Miami, FL / South Florida.
Below you will find the following information:
- About Historic Maxwell Wedding Venue
- Rental Cost
- Amenities List
- Services Offered
If you need to hire a wedding officiant to perform the ceremony at this wedding venue or whichever venue you decide upon, I’d love to get in touch and discuss my services. Check this page here for my wedding officiant pricing.
About Historic Maxwell Room
- Venue Name: Historic Maxwell Room
- Venue Address: 10 South New River Drive East Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Venue Style: Garden, Banquet, Historic/Landmark Building
- Venue Capacity: Can accommodate up to 120 guests
Where you exchange vows with your partner is very important, especially if you have a specific theme in mind and the Maxwell Room has a very long and varied history and is perfect for Mediterranean themed weddings.
First erected in 1925 on one of the oldest sites in Fort Lauderdale, it was first named the Maxwell Arcade for its developer, Fred Maxwell. The Arcade was and still is an example of the classic Mediterranean Revival architecture.
After almost a century of being erected, the Maxwell Room’s brick arches and colonnades show that they still have their charm and elegance of the past even when the world has rapidly changed and grown.
The Historic Maxwell Room, a vintage garden and banquet-hall style wedding venue, has three available spaces. The courtyard is located right in front of the Maxwell Room entrance with hanging bistro lights that adds a unique feel to your wedding.
The New River Seawall can be located on the south side of New River and offers an open environment for any union. The third available space is the Historic Den which embodies the 1920s charm and where the brick arches and colonnades can be located.
Each space can accommodate up to 120 guests and wherever you choose to exchange vows will surely give you a historic, elegant and unique backdrop for your wedding photos.
Additionally, this venue also offers venue packages, ceremony site packages, personalized packages, menus, bar packages, and buffet stations.
Get the wedding you have always dreamed of and celebrate in this historic venue that stayed true to its origin despite the changes that happened around it.
Need to Hire a Wedding Officiant?
Let’s set up a brief phone call so I can learn more about your wedding plans in South Florida! (:
Venue Rental Fee Breakdown
- Rental fee for a reception is $400
- Fee for a ceremony ranges from $500 to $1, 000 with reception rental
- Fee for additional hours is $100/hr
- Wedding planning services
- Bride’s dressing area
- Dance floor
- Podium and/or stage
- Outdoor lighting
- Large parking lot
- Full kitchen facilities
Venue Services Offered
- Tables and chairs provided
- Linens, silverware, and glassware provided
- Day-of coordinator
- Venue set-up and clean-up
- Aisle runners
- Audio equipment
- Wireless Internet
Historic Maxwell Room FAQ
What is the starting fee for wedding ceremonies and receptions?
- $500 to $1, 000 for a ceremony with reception rental
Describe your venue:
- Garden, Historic/Landmark Building, Banquet Hall
What kinds of setting are there?
- Indoor, Outdoor, Garden
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
- Ceremonies, Wedding receptions, Rehearsal dinners, Engagement parties
What event services do you offer?
- Full Kitchen Facilities, Tables and chairs, Day-of coordinator, Venue set-up and clean-up